10 Signs Of An Under-active Thyroid
It’s estimated that as many as 25 million Americans have a thyroid problem, and half of them have no idea that they do. Hypothyroidism, or an underactive thyroid, accounts for 90% of all thyroid imbalances. The thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland in the center of your neck, is the master gland of metabolism. How well your thyroid is functioning is interrelated with every system in your body. If your thyroid is not running optimally, then neither are you.
Here are 10 Signs Of An Under-active Thyroid:
- Fatigue after sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night or needing to take a nap daily
- Weight gain or the inability to lose weight
- Mood issues such as mood swings, anxiety, or depression
- Hormone Imbalances such as PMS, irregular periods, infertility and low sex drive
- Muscle pain, joint pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, or tendonitis
- Cold hands and feet, feeling cold when others are not, or having a body temperature consistently below 98.5
- Dry or cracking skin, brittle nails and excess hair loss
- Mind issues such as brain fog, poor concentration, or poor memory
- Neck swelling, snoring or hoarse voice
What Are Some Ways You Can Improve Your Thyroid Function?
- Make sure you are taking a high quality multivitamin with Iodine, Zinc, Selenium, Iron, Vitamin D, and B Vitamins.
- Take a tyrosine and iodine supplement to help with the FT4 to FT3 conversion
- Go gluten-free! If you have Hashimoto’s try going completely grain and legume free.
- Get 8 to 10 hours of sleep a night.
- Watch your intake of cruciferous vegetables.
- Heal your gut! A properly functioning digestive system is critical to good health!