Learn More About…
How remission of autoimmune disease is possible!
Why You Should Watch Dr. Beyer’s Full Length Video…
In this short video Dr. Beyer discusses how traditional medicine can only mask symptoms of autoimmune disease, while the true underlying causes continue to progress and ravage the rest of the body and brain.
Even in the world of functional medicine, how to fully integrate a plan for overcoming autoimmunity is not understood. Attempts to quell the symptoms of autoimmune disease via supplementation & diet are often short sighted and are not looking at the entire picture. Autoimmune disease is complex and misdiagnosed. What is needed is a comprehensive approach. For these reasons I’ve created a free, informative video: “Recovery and Remission of Autoimmune Disease”.
Autoimmune Disease: Facts and how it can be sent into remission
When I walk into my clinic everyday I know that seven out of ten patients that I see are having their immune systems destroying their own bodies. It is a daunting task to figure out the “why” behind every autoimmune case that I see. Today I want to share some important scientific facts about autoimmune disease and give the basics on how autoimmune disease can be sent into remission.
1. Up to 80 million Americans suffer with an autoimmune disease. This is more than cancer, heart disease and type 2 diabetes combined.
2. Autoimmune disease does not just randomly happen. In the scientific literature there are well known underlying causes and triggers, that once identified and removed, can often send autoimmune disease into remission.
3. Traditional medicine does not address underlying causes to autoimmune disease. What they have to offer are medications to address the symptoms only- these are usually immunosuppressant medications that carry with them serious side effects.
4. The causes of autoimmune disease vary from person to person. Many patients that I see have been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease and go online to find many different causes and solutions to their disease. This approach is not timely or monetary efficient. For example, I am currently seeing 15 patients with Hashimoto’s autoimmune thyroid and EACH one has different autoimmune causes, triggers, and remedies! The key is proper testing to identify each person’s triggers.
5. When a person is autoimmune against one tissue site, the chances are great that they are or will be autoimmune against multiple sites. So waiting to identify the underlying causes is a dangerous game.
6. The average length between when the immune system starts to attack the body and when symptoms appear from these attacks is 12 years. Early diagnosis and management is imperative.
7. Because there are so many things in our environment and food supply that didn’t exist just a few decades ago our immune systems are working harder than ever. This is the main reason why autoimmunity is skyrocketing.
8. The gateway to autoimmune disease is a compromised barrier system. The main barrier system between the outside world and the inside of our body is the gut. A compromised gut barrier (also known as “Leaky Gut Syndrome”) is the first thing that must be fixed in ALL autoimmune disease cases.
9. Many people with chronic health issues such as fatigue, weight gain, chronic pain, depression, brain fog, digestive problems, etc. are autoimmune and don’t know it. Auto immune disease is extremely under-diagnosed.
Remission of Autoimmune Disease Starts Here
For new patient appointments, 15 minute consultations and more information