If you are a new patient at Beyer Natural Health Solutions please find directions for your lab kits below.
If you have any questions after reading through these instructions carefully, you can call the office at 708-614-1222
Adrenal Saliva Kit
- 4 Blue Capped Vials
- Absorbent Pad
- Ziploc Bag
- Packaged Bag
- UPS Mailing Label
- Requisition Form
- For menstruating women, this test MUST be completed on day #21 of your cycle (Day 1 of your cycle is the first day of your period).
- 3-5 days BEFORE, please avoid all hormonal supplements in the form of sublingual drops, troches or pellets (Swallow these hormonal supplements with water instead).
- The night BEFORE and DURING collection, completely avoid all hormonal supplements, antacids, bismuth medications (ex. Pepto-Bismol) & mouth wash.
- The DAY of collection, do NOT eat chocolate, onions, garlic, cruciferous vegetables (ex. cabbage, broccoli or cauliflower). Also, DO NOT drink coffee, tea, or other caffeinated beverages.
*All 4 saliva samples must be completed on the SAME day*
- 60 minutes before each collection, DO NOT eat or drink anything except water, DO NOT brush your teeth and avoid smoking.
- 3-5 minutes before each collection, rinse your mouth thoroughly with cold water for 30 seconds.
- Spit into each vial at the appropriate time (6-8AM, 11-1PM, 4-5PM & 10-12AM) making sure to fill each vial up to the 5mL mark (excluding foam) *To decrease the bubbles/foam in the saliva, place in the freezer for 3 minutes & continue to fill*
- Recap the vial, place in the ziploc bag with orange absorbent pad, refrigerate & ship all samples together WITHIN 3 DAYS of collection.
Use a lemon or lime to help produce saliva if needed
- Ship all samples on the same day as last sample collection (ideal) OR refrigerate samples & ship within 3 day.
- Make sure to fill out the highlighted portion of the requisition form (front & back).
- Make sure your name & date of birth are written on EACH vial.
- Place original packing of the kit, with all 4 vials/absorbent pad into return package bag with requisition form. Seal packaging with UPS mailing label in the “dashed line area making sure it is adhering over the front edge.
- Drop off at local UPS drop off location/store.
GI-MAP Stool Kit
- “Specimen Only” Ziploc Bag
- 1 Orange Capped Vial
- Rubber Gloves
- Collection Tray
- Pre-Paid FedEx Express Mailing bag
- Pease write your name on the orange capped vial. Underneath your name, please write in your Date of Birth.
- If possible void urine prior to collecting stool.
- Collect stool by passing stool onto collection tray.
- Using the spoon attached to the orange vial, spoon stool from different areas of the sample into the vial- Fill vial to the red fill line, just over half full.
- Carefully mix stool & fluid with the spoon. Replace cap tightly & shake vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Place orange cap vial into Ziploc specimen bag along with absorbent pad. Seal the bag and place the specimen bag with the sample vial into the kit box.
- Fill out the “Test Requisition form” completely. Be sure to write the date of sample collection in the “Patient” section of the form.
- Place “Test Requisition Form” into the box with the sample.
*If you CANNOT ship the specimen on the day of collection, please refrigerate the sample by placing the box containing the sample into the refrigerator*
- Before shipping make sure that the orange capped vial and the “Test Requisition Form” are labeled & completely filled out. Be sure the sample vial is sealed in the Ziploc bag & that the “Test Requisition Form” are in the kit box.
- Place kit box into FedEx Mailing Bag. Remove strip to reveal sticky film & press both sides of mailer together to seal the pouch.
- Drop off at your local FedEx.
GX-Sciences DNA Cheek Swab
- Cardboard kit box
- Test requisition form
- 1 Silver pouch containing a plastic vial with buccal swab
- 1 Small blue pre-paid shipping box
- Try to abstain from any kind of eating, drinking, smoking, or chewing gum for at least 30 minutes before swab collection. If possible, keeping the mouth empty for 30 minutes will yield even more cheek cells during the swab collection.
- Complete the GX Sciences’ Requisition form (all high-lighted areas) and sign (under patient signature).
- Tear open silver pouch. Remove plastic vial containing buccal swab from pouch. Fill out information on white sticker applied to swab vial. Please write legibly and only fill out items listed:
-Date- Patient Date of Birth
-Specimen- Patient First and Last Name
- Twist open the plastic vial containing the sterile buccal swab. A single buccal swab is included per vial; carefully hold the stem of the swab and do not touch tip with fingers or surfaces.
- Take the DNA collection: For 60 seconds rub the swab up and down the inside of the right check in a brushing motion while rotating the swab. Proceed to swab along the top gum line to ensure that all sides of the swab are touched. Repeat on left cheek.
- Return the swab immediately back into the plastic vial and screw lid tight. NOTE: Use firm pressure, but not to the point of pain.
- Place the plastic vial and patient Requisition Form into GX Sciences’ small blue pre-paid shipping box addressed to the lab and seal. Drop off this box to any US Post Office box or post office.